BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
XBimmers | BMW X3 Forum > BMW X3 Forums | F25 (2011 - Current) > Second Generation BMW X3 General Forum » BMWNA Officially Announces and Prices X3 xDrive28i with 4-Cylinder Turbo N20

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-18-2012, 11:41 PM   #23
adamsclubs
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2011 328i sedan
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: CA

Posts: 236
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BXM3W View Post
Nice. Sounds like the price stays the same with added base features. We'll have to see if the convenience pkg features change or if the price is reduced to reflect the power tailgate in the base. Same with M-Sport. Will the price increase with 19" wheels?
I just saw the 2013 BMW X3 bulletin, the base price of the new 28i will go up by $1,400, from $37,100 to $38,500. In addition to the power tailgate, 18" wheels will be standard too.
adamsclubs is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-19-2012, 01:12 AM   #24
Archmc
New Member
 
Drives: X3
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: United States

Posts: 10
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamsclubs View Post
I just saw the 2013 BMW X3 bulletin, the base price of the new 28i will go up by $1,400, from $37,100 to $38,500. In addition to the power tailgate, 18" wheels will be standard too.
Really! it's official number? How about the new 35i?
Archmc is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-19-2012, 04:22 AM   #25
adamsclubs
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2011 328i sedan
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: CA

Posts: 236
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archmc View Post
Really! it's official number? How about the new 35i?
Up by $900, from $42,700 to $43,600.
adamsclubs is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-19-2012, 11:30 AM   #26
lbjgh
Major
 
lbjgh's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 AW X3 M-Sport
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North of Toronto

Posts: 1,433
iTrader: (0)

Power liftgate, Auto Start Stop, and Driving Dynamics Control will be standard so the increase is very reasonable. Here north of the border, the power liftgate is a $4000 option.
lbjgh is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      02-19-2012, 02:10 PM   #27
JoeyO
Lieutenant
 
Drives: silver car
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: USA

Posts: 547
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbjgh View Post
Here north of the border, the power liftgate is a $4000 option.
I think you mean $400 option. Heck, for $4000 I'd pay a personal servant to open it for me.
JoeyO is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-19-2012, 02:51 PM   #28
lbjgh
Major
 
lbjgh's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 AW X3 M-Sport
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North of Toronto

Posts: 1,433
iTrader: (0)

hehe, nop $4,000.00. You can only get it as part of a package (thanks BMW Canada!)

The liftgate is suppose to be standard equipment on MY2013 but I'm sure that's only for the USA.



Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyO View Post
I think you mean $400 option. Heck, for $4000 I'd pay a personal servant to open it for me.
Attached Images
 
lbjgh is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      02-20-2012, 02:51 PM   #29
Archmc
New Member
 
Drives: X3
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: United States

Posts: 10
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamsclubs View Post
Up by $900, from $42,700 to $43,600.
Thanks adamsclubs! I just want to figure out how much more will I pay if I choose to order the 2013 model.

But since the Power liftgate and Driving Dynamics Control has become standard in base model. Will there be a lower price for premium package and M-Sports?
Archmc is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-20-2012, 03:49 PM   #30
3val
Private
 
Drives: 2008 SMG 135i, 2013 X1 2.8
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Geneva, NY

Posts: 89
iTrader: (0)

I thought that Bmw said that base price for the 2013 i28 is $37,995?
3val is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-20-2012, 03:55 PM   #31
Robocheme
Private
 
Drives: 2013 X3 28i, 2014 X1 sDrive
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Northern California

Posts: 76
iTrader: (0)

What is Driving Dynamics Control? What does it do?

For the 2012, it's not shown as part of the packages or as an option. Is it the same as Dynamic Damper Control or Performance Control?

Thanks,
Robocheme is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-20-2012, 04:10 PM   #32
lbjgh
Major
 
lbjgh's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 AW X3 M-Sport
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North of Toronto

Posts: 1,433
iTrader: (0)

details here: http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=647989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robocheme View Post
What is Driving Dynamics Control? What does it do?

For the 2012, it's not shown as part of the packages or as an option. Is it the same as Dynamic Damper Control or Performance Control?

Thanks,
lbjgh is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      02-20-2012, 05:28 PM   #33
Archmc
New Member
 
Drives: X3
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: United States

Posts: 10
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3val View Post
I thought that Bmw said that base price for the 2013 i28 is $37,995?
According to the source

https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/press...tem=node__2244

It should be $39,395 for the X3 xDrive28i and $44,495 for the X3 xDrive35i. This represents an increase of $1,400 and $900 respectively.
Archmc is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-21-2012, 12:02 AM   #34
adamsclubs
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2011 328i sedan
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: CA

Posts: 236
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archmc View Post
Thanks adamsclubs! I just want to figure out how much more will I pay if I choose to order the 2013 model.

But since the Power liftgate and Driving Dynamics Control has become standard in base model. Will there be a lower price for premium package and M-Sports?
For the 28i, both the Sport Activitity Package and the Convenience Package will have a $400 drop, but the Premium Package cost will stay the same. No word on the M-Sport in that bulletin.

My guess is most buyers will want at least the Premium and Technology packs so they decided not to cut the package cost, but maybe not a lot ordered the sport pack or convenience pack, so they give a $400 price drop.
adamsclubs is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-21-2012, 09:06 PM   #35
trackpilot
Private
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West Palm Beach, FL

Posts: 79
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archmc View Post
According to the source

https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/press...tem=node__2244

It should be $39,395 for the X3 xDrive28i and $44,495 for the X3 xDrive35i. This represents an increase of $1,400 and $900 respectively.
What in the world are you talking about!?!?!??!
Everywhere else it says the prices will stay the same as the 2012 model year.
http://www.bmwusa.com/standard/conte...bo-Engine.aspx
trackpilot is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-21-2012, 09:35 PM   #36
Archmc
New Member
 
Drives: X3
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: United States

Posts: 10
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackpilot View Post
What in the world are you talking about!?!?!??!
Everywhere else it says the prices will stay the same as the 2012 model year.
http://www.bmwusa.com/standard/conte...bo-Engine.aspx
My dealer told me the same story, the base price of 28i has gone up for $1400 and 35i has gone up $900.

I don't know why there are two number out there. Hope we can make it clear next week.
Archmc is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-22-2012, 09:07 PM   #37
Lucky13
Lucky13
 
Drives: 2014 M235 manual
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Columbia, S.C.

Posts: 1,144
iTrader: (0)

The X3 2.8 looked silly with 17" wheels, the first option I would have to get would have been 18" wheels so it makes sense to be standard and pay more. Can do without the power liftgate and would prefer park distance control since its basically a must in my opinion. I can't back up my 335i convertible without it.
__________________
1995 325i, 1996 328ci, 1997 528i, 1997 Z3 2.8,2001 X5 3.0, 2001 330i Convertible, 2002 M3 Convertible, 2003 M3 Coupe, 2004 M3 Coupe, 2004 Z4 3.0, 2004 X3 3.0,
2007 X3 3.0, 2007 335i Convertible, 2013 X1 28 sdrive,
2014 M235 manual
Lucky13 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-07-2012, 09:34 AM   #38
lbjgh
Major
 
lbjgh's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 AW X3 M-Sport
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North of Toronto

Posts: 1,433
iTrader: (0)

I noted while reviewing the MY2013 specs is that the 28i now has the same rear differential gearing of the 35i. Previously the 28i had a higher ratio final drive.
lbjgh is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-07-2012, 02:36 PM   #39
FIRSTM
Buck Sgt
 
FIRSTM's Avatar
 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: FLORIDA

Posts: 172
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbjgh
I noted while reviewing the MY2013 specs is that the 28i now has the same rear differential gearing of the 35i. Previously the 28i had a higher ratio final drive.
Just put a deposit for wk 14 production, msrp $38500 w/ prem pkg, park distance control, chestnut interior w/ brush aluminum.


Package pricing
Prem. $3450
Prem sound. $950
Tech. 3200
Dynamic (zdh). 1400
Sport. 1150
Convenience. 1300
Cold weather. 700
Driver assist. 1000
Msport. 3000

I guess that's it
FIRSTM is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-07-2012, 02:39 PM   #40
FIRSTM
Buck Sgt
 
FIRSTM's Avatar
 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: FLORIDA

Posts: 172
iTrader: (0)

Anyone from Good ol USA put a deposit on a 13' yet?
FIRSTM is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-07-2012, 04:40 PM   #41
20/20
New Member
 
20/20's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 SSII E90 M3
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Florida

Posts: 12
iTrader: (0)

I did. But I did not receive any info on production week yet and my order number doesn't work yet on the website. How did you determine the production week?
__________________
2009 SSII e90 M3: Black Novillo|DCT|ZTP|ZPP|ZCW|2MT|507|6FL|6NF|Moonroof

2014 Range Rover Sport
20/20 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-07-2012, 09:46 PM   #42
FIRSTM
Buck Sgt
 
FIRSTM's Avatar
 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: FLORIDA

Posts: 172
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20/20
I did. But I did not receive any info on production week yet and my order number doesn't work yet on the website. How did you determine the production week?
They gave me the prod # and production wk the same day I order.
Week 14
FIRSTM is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-08-2012, 01:41 PM   #43
20/20
New Member
 
20/20's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 SSII E90 M3
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Florida

Posts: 12
iTrader: (0)

Thanks, I guess because I put my order in for PCD it might not show the production week. When do they expect yours should arrive? If PCD takes too much longer I'll go ahead with a shipment to my house.
__________________
2009 SSII e90 M3: Black Novillo|DCT|ZTP|ZPP|ZCW|2MT|507|6FL|6NF|Moonroof

2014 Range Rover Sport
20/20 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-08-2012, 11:26 PM   #44
FIRSTM
Buck Sgt
 
FIRSTM's Avatar
 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: FLORIDA

Posts: 172
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20/20 View Post
Thanks, I guess because I put my order in for PCD it might not show the production week. When do they expect yours should arrive? If PCD takes too much longer I'll go ahead with a shipment to my house.
wk 14 is around first week of April, so should be at dealer mid April
FIRSTM is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:25 PM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST