BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
XBimmers | BMW X3 Forum > BMW X3 Forums | F25 (2011 - Current) > Second Generation BMW X3 General Forum » Winter Tires and rims for Canada

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-25-2011, 09:12 AM   #1
momo28
0
Private
 
Drives: 2011 X3 35i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Canada

Posts: 52
iTrader: (0)

Winter Tires and rims for Canada

I'm in the process of ordering a set of winter tires and rims from Tirerack.com

Just want to confirm that Canadian version of 2011 X3 don't need TPMS. Believe only the US version is equipped with those.

Thanks very much
momo28 is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      10-25-2011, 09:18 AM   #2
Lotus7
10
Major
 
Drives: xxxx
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: xxxx

Posts: 1,041
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by momo28 View Post
I'm in the process of ordering a set of winter tires and rims from Tirerack.com

Just want to confirm that Canadian version of 2011 X3 don't need TPMS. Believe only the US version is equipped with those.

Thanks very much
To be absolutely sure that your X3 does not (or does have) the transmitter-based TPMS system, just check your valve stems.

A transmitter TPMS vehicle will have all-metal valves stems secured with a hex nut. Vehicles with the differential speed sensing TPMS will have "conventional" rubber valve stems.

Hope this helps.
Lotus7 is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      10-25-2011, 09:22 AM   #3
momo28
0
Private
 
Drives: 2011 X3 35i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Canada

Posts: 52
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus7 View Post
To be absolutely sure that your X3 does not (or does have) the transmitter-based TPMS system, just check your valve stems.

A transmitter TPMS vehicle will have all-metal valves stems secured with a hex nut. Vehicles with the differential speed sensing TPMS will have "conventional" rubber valve stems.

Hope this helps.
Thanks Lotus. I checked and from the cap to the wheels, it's rubber.
momo28 is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      10-25-2011, 09:25 AM   #4
Lotus7
10
Major
 
Drives: xxxx
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: xxxx

Posts: 1,041
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by momo28 View Post
Thanks Lotus. I checked and from the cap to the wheels, it's rubber.
Congrats! You just saved $200 !!
Lotus7 is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      10-25-2011, 12:58 PM   #5
momo28
0
Private
 
Drives: 2011 X3 35i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Canada

Posts: 52
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus7 View Post
Congrats! You just saved $200 !!
yay, spent enough on the winter tires and rims. Anything helps!
momo28 is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:15 PM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST