BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
XBimmers | BMW X3 Forum > BMW X3 Forums | F25 (2011 - Current) > Second Generation BMW X3 General Forum » 19 days from order to delivery

10-18-2011, 04:07 PM   #1
xyblue
Registered

Drives: 2012 X3

19 days from order to delivery

For those who are anxiously waiting for their new X3s: I placed the order on Oct. 1st, scheduled for production in 2nd wk of Oct. But actual production started on Oct. 4th, and delivered to dealership on 15/16th. Picking it up tmr!

I don't think this is anywhere near the average, may just got lucky, but at least this is possible I guess!

BTW I live in NJ.
xyblue is offline   United_States
      10-18-2011, 04:21 PM   #2
Bimmerlife
Enlisted Member

Drives: 2012 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyblue View Post
For those who are anxiously waiting for their new X3s: I placed the order on Oct. 1st, scheduled for production in 2nd wk of Oct. But actual production started on Oct. 4th, and delivered to dealership on 15/16th. Picking it up tmr!

I don't think this is anywhere near the average, may just got lucky, but at least this is possible I guess!

BTW I live in NJ.
Awe man... I'm so jealous. I was also told my build would start 2nd week of oct. Just checked and still hasn't started yet. Congrats to you though.
      10-18-2011, 04:27 PM   #3
beto_L.A.
First Lieutenant

Drives: 2012 F25 X3 28i Jet black

My X3 started production 2 weeks after I placed the order and it's now on its way to So Cal...will pick up in 1.5 weeks.
beto_L.A. is offline   United_States
      10-18-2011, 04:47 PM   #4
ctski1
Private

Drives: 2014 X1 x28

Quote:

BTW I live in NJ.
Congrats!! So, we can expect pics tomorrow then?
ctski1 is offline   United_States
      10-18-2011, 04:49 PM   #5
fedinand
Major

Drives: '11 X3, '11 GTI

Congrats! That is really quick!
      10-18-2011, 05:03 PM   #6
xyblue
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctski1 View Post
Congrats!! So, we can expect pics tomorrow then?
It'll be dark by the time I get it, but will definitely try to post some this weekend!
      10-18-2011, 05:04 PM   #7
xyblue
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmerlife View Post
Awe man... I'm so jealous. I was also told my build would start 2nd week of oct. Just checked and still hasn't started yet. Congrats to you though.
Did you use the 1-800 or the online tracking? My had the same experience with inaccurate info on the online tracking. 1-800 is better.
      10-18-2011, 09:50 PM   #8
greg2step
X3 Owner/Driver

Drives: 2011 X3 Xdrive35i

Quote:

BTW I live in NJ.
what are the specs on it? we want picts congrats!

2008 328XI E91 Sportwagon l Sparkling Graphite l Gray Dakota Leather l Dark Burl Walnut | Steptronic 6SP l Premium l Heated Seats [traded in for the X3 above]
greg2step is offline   United_States
      10-20-2011, 09:11 PM   #9
Bimmerlife
Enlisted Member

Drives: 2012 X3 35i

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmerlife View Post
Did you use the 1-800 or the online tracking? My had the same experience with inaccurate info on the online tracking. 1-800 is better.
Interesting. I had the opposite experience. Online showed production had started and the 800 number had it still waiting for production.
      10-21-2011, 02:42 PM   #10
TuffLittleUnit
Second Lieutenant

Drives: X3 xDrive 20d SE

FFS don't tell ChuckyPowers!
Ordered: X3 xDrive20d SE, Auto, Melbourne Red/Black, Advanced speakers , Media Pro, Sports seats, Heated steering wheel, Heated rear seats, Electric lumbar, Reversing camera, Bi-Xenon headlights & headlight washers, Style 305 wheels
TuffLittleUnit is offline   United Kingdom
      10-21-2011, 06:38 PM   #11
GQX3
Enlisted Member

Drives: 2011 X3 28i

Quote:

BTW I live in NJ.

Exciting isin't it.....anyway my pickup experience in April 2011 was way too long...the finance guy who trys to sell you the additional warranties had gone out to dinner...I told them that I wasn't interested in any extended offers...but they called him back...had to sit through about an hour & half of there fear factor injection...my wife almost fell for it....my advice is to hold BMW to their word about maintenence....don't live in fear! If it breaks the dealer will fix it free! The one word they hate the most!
Anyway please send along how long it took you at the dealer
      10-22-2011, 11:42 AM   #12
Chinoxblu20
Private First Class

Drives: 2014 535xi 'White on White'

Quote:

BTW I live in NJ.
Niceee... That was quick! Where in jersey? What dealer? I'm located in Hudson county and I'm going this week to lease one do you mind sharing your deal and packages! Im interested in the m-sport w all the goodies!
Chinoxblu20 is offline   United_States
      10-22-2011, 09:10 PM   #13
paul386
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 2011 X3 35i Jet Black

Amazing my car took 7 days to be delivered... I ordered it in late April and got it May 1st.