BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
XBimmers | BMW X3 Forum > BMW X3 Forums | F25 (2011 - Current) > Second Generation BMW X3 General Forum » seat comfort

10-22-2011, 08:06 PM   #23
Powerrunner
Second Lieutenant

Drives: BMW X3 35i 2011

The sport seats offer great comfort on short and long drives. Not sure how the standard seat is on long rides.
Powerrunner is offline   United_States
      06-08-2014, 12:11 PM   #24
AlphaMendoza
Admiral

Drives: X3 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffLittleUnit View Post
I stuck with the standard seats but added lumbar support. Super comfy and absolutely zero regrets about not getting the sport seats.

My oyster seats seem to have dark contrast stitching which I didn't expect but I do like. A little added bonus.
Why did you order Sports Seats on your new one then ?
I have a brand new LCI with Sports Seats and wished I had the standard. Back support and lateral support is fine but seat base is thin and hard - I am sore after 30 mins!
Yes I have tried every which way to adjust, and its the same for me in the passenger seat.
AlphaMendoza is offline   United Kingdom
      06-10-2014, 04:21 PM   #25
ianfp
Second Lieutenant

Drives: X3 XDrive 20D M Sport

I really like the sports seats, but certain older family members struggle to climb in over the very hard side bolster. Also I workout a lot in the gym and do find that even with the sides of the upper seat fully adjusted, they tend to cut into my back. For this reason, I am considering the X Line with standard seats. I would miss the nice looking sports seats though!
ianfp is offline   United Kingdom
      06-11-2014, 05:54 PM   #26
richard in NC
Major

Drives: 2009 Z4 35i

I find the sport seats great for a long trip. I do take my wallet out of my back pocket to avoid it digging in for hours. 8 hours and 500 miles, no problem.
richard in NC is offline   United_States
      06-13-2014, 02:10 PM   #27
walendvay
Second Lieutenant

Drives: '11 F25 28i

+1 on the sport seats. The wife hates riding in my Pathfinder with cloth cushy seats. The movable lumbar is great and the thigh extension is also awesome. They support good posture, also.

We are average (170lb and 135lb, respectively).

It's a bummer that the sport seats aren't a stand alone option in some BMW cars and/or model lines.
      06-21-2014, 01:19 PM   #28
plymjack
First Lieutenant

Drives: X3 (F25) 2.0D SE Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodion View Post
Here 191 cm and 125 kg, with sport seats I feel a bit "squeezed", we took a 4 hour journey with test car. Hence I ordered std seats with electric lumbar adjustment.

Sport seats were ok for aggressive driving but too tight for me for long hauls...
Im 180cm/95Kg and find the standard seats fine for 4 hour runs, we did a 12 hour long trip and still was fine. The lumber adjustment works great. We did not get sports as my wife is smaller and found the sports seats too high when get out of the car.

BMW X3 (F25) xDrive20d SE . . Alpine White. . Oyster Leather . . 8 Speed Servotronic. .RFTs. . High Beam Assist. . Electric Seats . . DAB Radio. .USB/Bluetooth
plymjack is offline   United Kingdom
      07-07-2014, 01:33 AM   #29
drmdvl
Private First Class

Drives: 2013 335i XDrive Coupe

Garage List
They do take some getting used to
If you're new to German cars.
I would start with proper seating position then adjust as needed:
Seat height should be about 4 stacked finger widths from the top of your head to the headliner. Your seat should be moved forward so that your right knee is still bent with the brake pedal fully pressed (emergency braking pressure) - even closer if you have a clutch.
Your wheel should be forward enough you have a relaxed arm and your seat back should be forward enough you can lay your wrists on the top of the steering wheel without lifting your shoulders and upper back off the seat - this is a fairly forward seating position.
This will also help protect your neck from whiplash in the event of an accident - your head should not have to travel far to the headrest.

Someone else mentioned taking your wallet out of your back pocket - this is great for your hips and low back.

Good luck!
drmdvl is offline   United_States