Thread: UK delivery.
View Single Post
      03-16-2011, 07:53 AM   #1
cebula2000
Rep
Drives: 330D SE E91

UK delivery.

This is my first posting after enjoying reading the forum posts for several months.

After 4 years and 80,000 miles of owning and driving a 2007 manual E91 330D se from new, I have ordered a X3 20D. I'm sure it will be a different driving experience but the extra space will be useful and I was most impressed by the test drive. I agreed with previous postings that the quality of interior plastic used is not as high as the E91 and having a similar spec to the 330D it is costing 25% more for a smaller engined but albeit larger car.

considered waiting for the 30D as its such a great torquey engine in my experience (regularly got 39-40 MPG with fairly hard driving) but the UK company vehicle tax based on value and CO2 is getting more expensive each year and this lead me towards the smaller engine.

Anyway, I ordered my X3 in mid January and was very lucky to get a provisional delivery date of late march from a dealer who had an unsold vehicle on order. Virtually no discount given suprise, suprise.

My X3 was apparently built week 9 (i have the VIN number) and is now on route somewhere across the Atlantic. Dealer has indicated UK delivery week 15-17 but wont specify a date. BMW UK simply referred me back to the dealer for delivery update

Finally my question is, can anyone advise transit time from Spartanburg to UK please?

Many thanks.

F25 X3 xDrive20d SE
space grey
black nevada leather
media pack business advanced
climate comfort pack
auto box
sports steering wheel
307 style alloys
ext mirror fold
sports seats and heated
fineline wave