WI_Rob
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335is

Quote:
Originally Posted by X4guy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WI_Rob View Post
Strangely, this 2nd gen X4 is growing on me.

Even the rear end... yeah, there’s no doubt that it was “inspired” by the Merc team. I hated the spy shots at first. But after a few months... I’m on board. The proportions are just so much better in this generation than the last gen. It has a much better stance than the GT versions of the sedans, thankfully. The GTs are just not my thing, AT ALL.

Having a car that can actually fill the daily driver role for me and haul a bit of gear to the woods on weekends... with a sub-5 second sprint to 60... is pretty much a dream. The X4 M40i or X3 M40i appear to be pretty amazing. The question is... is the X4 better overall value than a used X6...? Depends on priorities, no doubt.

Similar thoughts out there?
X6 except the //M version is dynamically inferior to the X4, it’s big and heavy and you feel it. Almost pulled the trigger to replace my 4year old X4, but it didn’t resonate. Taking my time it’s this or the Macan facelift.
Hmmm... from a vehicle dynamics standpoint, you’re saying:

F86 X6M > G02 X4 M40i > G02 X4 > F16 X6

That seems likely... I’m looking forward to driving these... but finding an f86 to try is not trivial!
Appreciate 0