06-27-2011, 01:20 PM   #11
xDrive35i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by torzeck View Post
That is awesome! Not the lemon part, but that BMW did the right thing and you're getting some additional benefits.

Did yours have the transfer case issue?

For review, can you remind us of the list of troubles your X3 had in this thread?
The transfer case issue occurred three times before being fixed but I bit my lip and suppressed the anger. That never came back. Then there were numerous interior rattles which ended up being steering rack and suspension creaks and loose pieces. This issue was addressed three times, and then a fourth time in which they ordered the wrong part from Germany, and I had had it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus7 View Post
Thought the problems were all resolved, including the display warning issue being corrected with the transfer case replacement.

Did your problems re-occur?
The transfer case problem did not reoccur. You have nothing to worry about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanintx View Post
VERY Good to hear BMWNA is doing the right thing.

My service manager tells me that my car is throwing "Chassis Stabilization Errors" to the error log, but I never see them on iDrive or anywhere else and my X3 seems to drive fine. However, based on the experiences I've read about on this forum I am keeping a close eye on things.
Finally they're taking some responsibility.
It doesn't seem like you're encountering the same problem but who knows what could happen with faulty wiring. Keep that watchful eye and keep us posted.
Appreciate 0