Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Want the thrill View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus7 View Post
I'm certainly not fearful or even beginning to be angry (yet). If I were, you certainly would know it! I'm also not in the least worried about anyone being "spooked". The issues related to the problem that juddholland and I have had HAVE been very completely and accurately reported, so anyone reading about them is free to draw their own conclusions.

BTY: In my experience, "getting angry" often is the fastest way TO solve the problem. Being passive just delays the end result.

I am disappointed that BMW does not seem to be communicating about this issue with its dealers, but I'm not surprised. Most corporations ignore reliability and even safety issues until they reach crisis levels. Ford, General Motors and Toyota (and many others) have followed this pattern, why not BMW?

I'll stop whining when I'm driving the car I paid for, not a loaner that has half the cargo capacity and doesn't meet my day-to-day needs.
Lotus7 you are being quite patient and calm. I would be pretty pissed if my new vehicle were sitting in the shop while I'm making payments on it. A day or two is one thing....but more than that I would be fired up!
The dealership offered a free detail job and a reimbursement for two months of payment, one for the three weeks they had it, and another for the trouble. If it shows up again it will be the third time that they attempt to fix the car, and if after that it comes back, I can declare it a lemon, among other lawsuits.
Appreciate 0