SimonRostin
Private
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW 530iA Touring -01 E39

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by X3paul View Post
Thats a shame. but I get where you come from... I myself dont like that much to grab any attention so the X3 was ok for me but with current sales of the Macan I thought that pretty soon we will see so many in the streets that it wont matter. with that said when I take out my red E9 csi... btw the X4 does look good, love the msport rear bumper hate the front. In regards to bmw design I think that current bmw's have better sheet metal details, better design but the overall proportions just dont work - take the 5 ser GT. the headlight, the side panels are way better designed that on the reg 5 ser but the propertions are all wrong. Same for the new X5. better design but proportions ruin them. But I do miss the individuality of each model and to me the 7 was and is an utopian design, specially the interior. I think they are missunderstood. I love the current 7, specially the sholder line and the interior but I cant sell my seven.
Oh how we could discuss this for weeks and not come to an agreement, but I truly do respect and understand your opinions. e38 7-series, that's some good shit, one of my favorite BMWs of all time. And I can't really understand what you are pointing towards when you say the proportions of the current models are off. I think they're spot on. The 5GT is not cute though. A real failure aesthetically in my eyes, the 3GT is much better proportioned. But that's the thing, we all digg different things, and that is truly awesome. Love to have these discussions, because it gives me an opportunity to hear everything from a different point of view.

Have to say that the rear of the x4 appeals me more than the front, it's just so fluid. Everything is really sharp, but at the same time smooth, truly awesome!
Appreciate 0