View Single Post
      04-16-2011, 12:40 PM   #53
Upgrade15
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '16 White X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEDZEP View Post
Okay, so you're a lady who is interested in buying an X3, and it's your first BMW.... usually I avoid threads that ask "what's best" for the reaons others have posted - but I think I can offer a little advice that might be of some value.

My wife and I have owned 4 BMWs so far (also shopping the X3 which will be our fifth). Some are her primary and some are my primary, but we try to buy them so that we are both happy with them. We currently have a 3 Series sedan (my primary) and an X5 (her primary). Apart from size and other little things, the X5 and X3 are the same type vehicle, so I can tell you what my wife likes most about it, and what she doesn't really care about, etc.

-Comfort access: you don't have to fish for your keys to open or lock the car. Convinient for us all, but women tend to have more in their hands most of the time. She likes this a lot.
-Heated seats: unless you live in the south, you'll want this.
-Premium Package: this is the "must have". In our opinion all BMWs are baselined with this package. It includes the garage door opener, BMW Assist, Bluetooth, folding mirrors, etc.
-Sports package: most women couldn't care less. Nicer wheels, thicker steering wheel, stiffer suspension, sport seats. For me it is a must have but my wife can take it or leave it. She does like the sports seats better than the regular, but she'd live without them.
-Navigation: initially she didn't care about such tech things, but just recently she remarked "once you have navigation you'll never want a car without it".
-Power tailgate: A big yes. I like it, but my wife loves it.
-Premium sound: No way. I love it, but most women couldn't care less.
-Cold weather package is good if you want the heated rear seats (kids or other frequent passengers would appreciate it). Heated front seats mentioned above can be had separately, as can the heated steering wheel. Just getting those two as stand alone options is much cheaper than the package if you don't want the heated rears. The headlight washers are fine if they are free, but I don't think they add "need them" value.
-Satelite radio (Sirus): my wife loves it. She'd be pissed if that went away.

Hope that helps some. Good luck with your choices.
Lots of useful info here, thanks. I think I'm narrowing it down. I'm still on the fence about the color and the engine, but need to decide quickly.
Appreciate 0