03-17-2011, 01:49 PM   #19
jaymk5
Bheem (Powerful and Fearful)
United_States
Rep
Drives: "OnOrder" BMW X3 35i SpaceGray

Quote:
Originally Posted by lateshow View Post
Hello all - New member here. I put in an order on my new 2011 X3 35i many weeks back. My dealership swapped allocations with another dealer to secure a March 21st build date. I was told that I could make changes to the build up to an undermined point. In other words, my dealer rep didn't know what that point was with respect to my build date, but he would try if I needed a change.

I decided a while ago to include Sat Radio....a relatively minor change.

Just yesterday I was notified that by build date was pushed to April 11 for an undermined reason, but that it "might be due to the spec change of your vehicle."

Is anyone aware of any recent timing issues that would be causing delays in Spartanburg or did I just get shafted for making a minor change to my car? Either way it's really dissappointing as I'm dying to get into my first BMW.

Mine was scheduled for 12th week of production, but when I had a dilema to change my sound system to pro in week 9, my SM mentioned if anything needs to be changed it better be done in week 9 itself, otherwise he said we have a very good chance of missign the week 12 slot, this was like 3 weeks before my production schedule. He also mentioned that the configuration for the car will be locked down 1 week before the actual production starts, but with his experience he mentioned not to change anything when we are close to 2 weeks. Finally after listening to both the sound system in dealership and I did not care much for the pro so I did not make any change.

So short answer is, if you have done this change 2 weeks before 3/21 which is like on or after 3/7, it may be the change that moved the date, this is based on the theory by my SM. But as other forum members mentioned it might not be related at all.

Mean while why don't you check to see if you have a X3 difference event getting scheduled in your area, if so, you can register for the same, if you happen to get a slot before your date of delivery, you will qualify for the $500 gift card from BMW NA, which you can use against accesories on your new X3. This way you might feel little better about the wait.

As other forum members mentioned when you take delivery you will know its very much worth the wait.
Appreciate 0