01-02-2011, 12:53 PM   #11
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F25 X3 20d SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabian View Post
Yeah I've been thinking about that as well. I like the contrast of the oyster with the black but might be hard to keep clean. Haven't seen it in the new X3 but saw it on other cars at the dealer and it looks pretty classy.

Also, like someone mentioned somwhere in the forum before, the black leather looks great with the white contrast stitching, but how do you keep that white stitching clean? I'm sure it wouldn't be that noticable from a distance, but could be hard to keep clean as well. If kids spill something on it, get a muddy dog trampling on it, or just the years of jeans rubbing against it, etc. I don't suppose they offer black stitching as an option if you wanted?
Ive always thought the oyster/cream leather looks classy (I guess most of the 7 series owners who seems to have light leather gets theirs proffesionally valeted to keep them looking good)

The oyster contrast stitching is dark, I know the oyster leather will clean up with some effort (from experience with previous cars) but was unsure over the contrast white stitching on the black leather also (im sure it is some kind of synthetic thread rather than cotton and therefore resists dirt!?)

Cant decide on oyster or black now - damn the millions of choices!

Sabian - did you get any shots of the rear seats?

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Black Sapphire | Oyster Leather | Fineline Sienna Wood | 307 V Spokes | Auto | Prof Multimedia Package | xLine Package | Xenons | Business Radio | Sports Steering Wheel | Sports Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | Sun Protection Glass | Sun Blinds | Folding Ext. Mirrors + Titanium Grille | Chrome Exhaust Trim | Mudflaps
Appreciate 0