View Single Post
      07-11-2016, 07:45 PM   #27
BMWZ4
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X1/'23 Allroad Progressiv

Quote:
Originally Posted by JupiterBMW
Just got ours back from the dealer, recall work is done, all is perfect.

For those that are worried... The dealer does full disassembly of the rear end of the vehicle, all seats and trim panels are removed. Then the vehicle is transported to the body shop (ours went to the shop that does all work for the dealership, so I had full faith). The body shop welds in the new brackets and then does the paint work over the new brackets. After that is done, the vehicle is transported back to the dealer. All panels and interior parts are reinstalled.

I had a few other things done as well. The security system siren had stopped working, replaced (my SA said he had done one other one on the F25), and I also had a new AC condenser installed, as ours had a leak... All work was done and we couldn't be happier.
No wonder the work is taking 2, 3 or 4 days! That's quite a bit of work. I had no idea it was so involved. I'm sure my dealer will do a great job (although hopefully I won't have any squeaks or rattles after all that disassembly!)
'11 Z4 30i (retired);'11 X3 28i (retired); '15 M235i Stage 1 Dinan (recalled & crushed); '16 M235i Stage 3 Dinan (retired); '15 X3 28i (retired); '14 328i (retired), 2019 X3M40i (retired); Loaded '18 X1 (retired); Loaded '20 X3MC DG, Black/Tan Merino (retired); Loaded '23 X1 Cape York green and Red/Black interior; '23 Audi A4 Allroad Progressiv
Appreciate 0