View Single Post
      11-11-2017, 02:34 PM   #7
analogue
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M, iX

- Definitely check on the recall @DBU mentions. They have to weld a part, so it goes to the body shop. It took 3 days in a loaner for me.

- We found that the back seats have too much "bucket" to them so our Britax B-Safe 35 car seat base did not sit level. We ended up putting some rolled up towels under the car seat to get it level. Not a big deal, but one more thing to deal with if you plan to regularly take the seat base out of the car (we don't).

- The front seat needs to be moved up a bit so there is clearance for our car seat. Someone over 6 feet tall probably wouldn't be comfortable with the car seat behind them, but you should be fine.

- We have a BOB stroller which fits in the trunk fine, but takes up almost half of the cargo space. You can fit a few other luggage items in there with it, but there is no doubt the X3 would be better in this situation.

So I'd say it is a personal choice if suspension or style is more important than that cargo space. We chose the X4M40i over the X3 at the time, but I'd very much consider the new X3M40i, not to mention upcoming X3M. In your case looking at pre-owned, you can certainly do suspension upgrades if everything else weighed toward the X3.
Appreciate 0