03-16-2011, 09:49 AM   #2
MA78
TK-421
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filski View Post
Tonite was the Australian launch, in my area that meant an invite for free bier and pretzels at the local bavarian bier cafe. To say I couldn't concentrate at work was an understatement!

One of the cars had sold before the launch, that didn't stop everybody from climbing in. No engines, just external and internal impression.

First up, it looked as good as I'd hoped. Slightly less aggressive stance than photos indicate. But if anybody told me the old X5 was this size I wouldn't beleive them. Though nearly identical to the Q5 it looked and felt smaller. Suits me fine as 1 doesn't like big cars.

Interior - not as posh as a Q5, though these were basic models. A bit surprised they didn't have a fully optioned version. That said, if a thread here hadn't alerted me to the plastic I'd never have noticed. It felt right!

Delaying a test drive till the hoohah dies down. Not ordering till July anyway -special b'day. Looking forward to it though!
Beer and pretzels sounds much better than the cheap wine and rancid shrimp that our dealerships provided.
Appreciate 0