View Single Post
      11-19-2012, 05:54 AM   #1
ozbmwx3
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: bmw x3

Customer Service

Awaiting delivery of X3 AW in January. The city I live in has only 2 Million people. So there is only two BMW dealers, both owned by the same franchise. After reading other threads thought I would have the dealer change the setting for the start/stop function. Here is the email exchange:

I said:
"I would also like to know if it is possible to have some factory software settings changed prior to delivery. For example I would like to have the default on the start/stop function change from “On” to “Last Setting”. I’m not a fan of this function and don’t intend to use it. So I’d rather avoid having to turn it off every time I drive the car."

Sales guy response:

"The Auto stop start function will have to be turned of each time you start the vehicle, this is quite an easy thing to do as the button is located next to the starter button."

My response:

"The on board software allows for an endless number of settings to be customised, the start/stop function being just one of them. Is XXXXXX (dealer name deleted) unwilling or unable to make requested changes?"

Dealer response:

"I will confirm this for you. I know from past customer requests that it is possible to have the system turned off but this will attract a fee due to the software that needs to be purchased for each particular vehicle."

Putting the arrogance of a one dealer town aside, is it true that the software needs to be purchased for each vehilce?
Appreciate 0