04-28-2011, 03:39 PM   #27
BXM3W
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1999 RX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako View Post
Yeah but this still doesn't prove its the damping. In the X3 manual it says that DDC "Dynamic Driving Control" is in the sport packages and adjust the transmission to Normal, Sport, and Sport +. So the button might just be there for transmission adjustment, Suspension is Normal or Sport (Sport + doesn't effect suspension with damping), this might still not be included.

BMW is really deceiving by having DDC mean two different things with similar functions, Dynamic DRIVING control and Dynamic Damping Control.
From the reps configuration tool 0223 is part of the option list, which she did confirm via email that this is included in the M-sport package. Option 0223 is Dynamic Damper Control. It's also seen on the sticker (though a bit fuzzy) but clear enough that you can see "Damper Control". I agree that DDC is confusing as there are two different meanings for it, and I even sought clarification on another thread, but I use DDC for this thread as Dynamic Damper control. As explained on another thread, it's believed that Dynamic Driving Control is the same as Performance Control, and this on a 35i is believed to not have Dynamic Damping Control even though it does include the "switch". No wonder there's so much confusion (and skepticism) about what the switch does!

Like LEDZEP said, once we get a few delivered we'll have our answers.
Appreciate 0