View Single Post
      09-29-2012, 12:00 PM   #1
no golf clubs
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F25 2.0d SE Titanium Silver

One more sleep.....

How on earth am I going to get to sleep tonight?

Tomorrow I collect my new F25 2.0d SE xdrive from the dealership.

I have only had the e92 330D for a year, I got the car and it was two years old.

Apart from the ridiculously weak 225 alloys which have cracked twice I have loved the car. Smooth, fast, economical and such a good looker. For all that however, I need an extra two doors and something a bit more practical.

My budget was limited and could not ramp up the options, so I will miss my xenons, professional nav and a host of other goodies.

I briefly considered the Freelander but to be honest the dealerships were not motivated to sell and finance rates and branch insistence on making crazy margins, together with their poor show on reliability all conspired to make sure I stayed with BM.

A local dealer had a couple which were ready for immediate delivery, auto with winter package and a few other goodies, however the monthly figures on those were quite high. Surprisingly, having set the Sales Manager a challenge I heard nothing for 2 days, thereafter I have to say my socks were blown off. He brought a new X3 within my budget. I only had the choice of two colours unfortunately, Titanium Silver or the light blue metallic. The only options I can see that have been added to the car are the metallic paint, auto box, standard bluetooth and heated front seats.

That said, I was actually quite disappointed in the prov nav system in my e92, the bmw online services are quite clunky and whilst probably ok for in car tech, they are light years behind what each of us have in our pockets these days. So whilst I will miss the bling in the dash, the functionality of the system leaves a lot to be desired. Still, I would have loved the visibility and winter packs as well as the Msport format lol but I have to draw the line somewhere sadly.

Tomorrow I get myself into a brand new car, within my budget under 3 years manufacturer warranty and with some extra doors...I am also sure that the xdrive will come into its own here in Scotland in the coming months. I am one happy bunny.

Have to say that I am quite excited now, I can pick the car up tomorrow at any time.

Pics will surely follow, this is my first 4x4 and have had a hankering for one for quite some time.
Appreciate 0