04-12-2011, 04:59 PM   #44
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerGuyFL View Post
LOL see this is how it all begins. BMW puts out products over time making them cheaper and cheaper. People like you just agree to it and BMW wins. I am talking about the small details that BMW USED to put extra effort into and now they can get away with putting cheaper quality in the cars because people just buy because of the badge. Mind you sure the X3 drive's OK but it has also taken a step back in dynamics for what a BMW was used to be know. Steering Feel, worst ride cause of Run Flats. People wake up and notice that these cars are not what they used to be.
You misunderstand. Maybe the materials are cheaper than they used to be (although in the case of the old X3 I really don't think this is true at all). Computers costs much less than they used to and use cheaper materials but people buy more than they ever used to because they're still much better than they used to be. Maybe the steering feel is not what it used to be. I've never owned one of these amazing BMWs from the past but all of this is completely irrelevant. The car is much better than its competitors and much better than the old X3 it replaces despite this nit picking.

You're welcome to your views but they are exaggerated and you are in the minority. Hence why if you order an X3 now in the UK you have a TEN MONTH wait for one. No-one wants the Volvo with the nicer doors or the Ford Kuga with the better steering.

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0