04-11-2011, 06:27 PM   #23
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by inamik75 View Post
there is a reason the series are 1, 3, 5, 6, 7 and quality increases as you progress up the BMW foodchain. The X3 is a 3 series level quality with some height and perfect for those who dislike the 3 wagon and it will never have the finish of a 5 series, thats reserved for the X5, but new X3 much improved over last gen...by very far.
Agreed. Would be the same if you compared a MB CLK to an E Class.... not the same style, type, or class vehicle. If all BMWs had the fit and finish of the 7 Series (or even 5) no one (that would want one) could afford the 1 Series.

I have an X5, totally loaded with comfort seats, et al - and also have a 3 Series... I recently test drove the X3 and found it's materials and workmanship to be on par with the 3. In some ways better, in some ways not as good... but again - different style vehicle. Thinking of trading the E90 on an X3, and would not feel too slighted moving between the X5 and the X3. I think they did a nice job while keeping it in its price bracket.

I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
Appreciate 0