sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd450 View Post
sfax,

you're right - i dont have the dynamic package as it meant (at that time) that I couldnt get the 309 alloys. I also wanted the sports steering wheel but gave up on that for the alloys. I was told at the time that the standard wheel would still have the switches (although as you point out it was maybe because i specified bluetooth aswell ???

yeah - i had that discussion/argument with them aswell that all the pictures had 309s and the sports steering wheel but you couldnt order that - think that has now been changed and you can order dynamic with the 309s ?

anyway, not much i can do now. Not going to spend a lot of money trying to retro the sports steering wheel. The standard one felt fine on the test drive I had a couple of week sago.

Really please with the space grey colour. Did question a few weeks ago whether i should have gone for x-line but now I see it I knoe i made the right choice
I had a few arguments with the dealers and BMW Customer Services and they were initially suggesting I could retrofit the 309 alloys! (and perhaps sell the other ones back to them?!) They eventually got clearance to allow me to specify dynamic + 309s at an extra cost of about £800 - from Germany apparently. I think you can now specify the sports steering wheel as a standalone option too.

All of that said, you've done very very well getting it so soon, and you have the buttons which was my main gripe, not so much the sports steering wheel. Incidentally the dealer never once suggested that I would actually get the buttons on the standard steering wheel. I'm happy for you that you have them as it's not as good to have bluetooth without them.

I guess it's pretty normal to have some confusion with new models.

Agree re. no x-line. Your combination works very well as it is.

Now where is MINE?!??!?!?
Appreciate 0