View Single Post
      11-26-2017, 12:17 PM   #12
Max Well
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 BG X3MC, '20 BSM X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwcooper View Post
Does your charge (blue light comes on) every time you put a phone there with less than full charge? I've noticed that mine only seems to turn the blue light on only about half the time, even with the phone battery not full.
I asked my wife and she indicates the blue light always comes on, whether charged or not. We have some Samsung Wireless charging pads we use in our home, and before purchasing she was reading some of the comments indicating certain phone cases may cause some issues. I think she said 'Otterbox' (could be wrong). So might be something to look into if you are using a case?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjl View Post
Is the phone somehow secured to the charging tray? i would think it would move around a lot if it wasn't. Also, the pic on the BMW configurator for the M40i shows the wireless charging tray on the inner left side of the center console storage bin, with what looks like a bracket to secure the phone, your setup looks completely different? Is it a different setup the M40i and 30i (i'd be surprised if it was). Confused.
No secure needed, jjl - it feels almost like a rubber-type material, and it definitely isn't slippery. I set my phone on it and tried to slide it and it barely budged. There is no bracket to secure the phone. I think what you are seeing is a little removable rubbery tray. I honestly don't know it's purpose, though, as it doesn't look like it would hold much of anything.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0