06-17-2011, 08:56 AM   #37
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pault View Post
I draw the line at a wash that uses hard brushes, I only go to one that uses cloths in the process.
The problem is, no matter how soft the cloth (they could be made of baby rabbit fur), that soft cloth will be dragged over your car after having been dragged over 462 dirty pickup trucks... but yes, still much better than anything that uses brushes.

There are some weeks that I would love to spend my time doing something besides washing my car (especially in winter), but as I said, for me it is an enjoyable activity. With some music playing in the garage, my dog lying outside with me, and a nice summer morning - I enjoy the time spent washing my car. I also am a bit over-the-top in terms of being picky about how clean it is and spend a fortune at Griot's Garage every year, almost the only products I use. I used a clay bar on my X3 the second day I had it, followed by two coats of sealant, waxing the wheels, etc. I realize not everyone is insane to that level (not on an X3 forum anyway).

I wasn't trying to attack anyone, or provoke any arguments. This is a BMW enthusiast forum, and I am an enthusiast - not just someone who happens to own a BMW. Believe me, if you go to the main forum and the Washing and Detailing threads you will find that I am a slacker by comparison. Many of the practices that I follow regularly are a result of advice I have read or been given by such enthusiasts. If I came off as condesending it was not intentional, but I do stand by my statements. In the end it is a choice anyway - not everyone wants to be fanatical about car care.

I think it is bad luck to be superstitious

Last edited by LEDZEP; 06-17-2011 at 11:24 AM..
Appreciate 0