View Single Post
      02-11-2011, 01:22 AM   #93
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

I think in summary, there is no way you'll get a more concrete answer from BMW UK at the moment. They are waiting on Germany and Germany haven't released any more information.

I've copied the latest email trail here

Quote:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi John,

Further to our conversation and emails last week, I have made this information available on the forum and corrected the wrong information. It would be great if you could forward the email from Germany or just paraphrase it, because many people are still unsure given the history of the issue, and some are waiting on placing an order for a new X3 until they have something in writing.

Thanks in advance for your help

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for your further email dated February 6, 2011.

We have managed to secure limited stock of the 'Basic' snap-in adapter for the iPhone 4 and as a result have released this part with immediate effect. This snap-in adaptor should not be confused with the media-snap in adaptor, which currently does not have a release date. The media adaptor provides video playback and needs to be used in conjunction with the Mobile Application Preparation, released later this year.

Hi John,

I'm a little confused. Is this paragraph the paraphrased email from Germany?

"We have managed to secure limited stock of the 'Basic' snap-in adapter for the iPhone 4 and as a result have released this part with immediate effect. This snap-in adaptor should not be confused with the media-snap in adaptor, which currently does not have a release date. The media adaptor provides video playback and needs to be used in conjunction with the Mobile Application Preparation, released later this year."

so when it says "we have managed to secure" and "have released this part", who is "we" and does that mean it should now be available as an accessory on bmw.co.uk? (it's not)

I think what most people are clamouring for (and there are a lot of interested parties here and in America) is a definitive statement from BMW that says 6NR will be available as an accessory later this year. It will not be restricted to new builds, existing cars with bluetooth prep and professional satnav will be able to upgrade by buying the software update and the new media snap-in adapter for iPhone4.

I know you have already said this but at the moment, people are still being told that it won't be available on existing cars, only on new builds and most dealers haven't got a clue either way and seem to just guess.

I hope you can appreciate the confusion and why something definitive from Germany would help clear it all up. Thanks in advance

Thank you for your further email dated February 9, 2011.

In answer to your query, the term 'we' is representative of BMW UK and the paragraph was paraphrased as requested. Whilst I understand your frustration at wanting to get some clarification on this matter, to bring this to a conclusion I can confirm that the information I have supplied in our previous correspondence is BMW UK's stance. We have no further details supplied by BMW Germany, however, any future correspondence we receive will be logged under the reference number quoted in the subject header. As soon as any official statements are released by BMW Germany, this will be communicated though our bmw.co.uk website and BMW Approved Dealerships.

I trust this clarifies our current position on this matter.

OK, so if you as in BMW UK have managed to secure a limited stock of the basic snap-in adapter for iPhone4 and you have released this part with immediate effect, why has it never appeared under accessories on your website? Is it only available through dealers? Between you and BMW Germany, I have to say the communication on this whole thing has been an utter shambles. A view shared by many other frustrated customers.

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0