mac10
Private
England
Rep
Drives: Alpina D3 Bi-Turbo (SOLD)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac10 View Post

Quote from the text:-

'With a standard spec that includes electronically controlled adaptive dampers, four-mode Drive Performance Control and a variable-ratio sports steering rack, the XD3’s suspension tune has been judged to perfection: firm, but not too firm. Handling is agile and sweetly balanced and body control is exemplary, yet there’s still some compliance in the ride at low speeds, in Comfort mode at least. Sport mode can get a bit jiggly on UK roads, but overall the XD3 rides better than the Cayenne, for example.'
I never took it as a 'personal dig'!!
I am just amazed at your comments regarding 'too harsh', even more so now you have said you have come from an M3, or even after the M Sport cars.

How many E9x wheels were damaged and suffered cracks etc on the rims?
I believe this was due to the Run Flat Tyres ie stiff tyre walls + stiff(ish) suspension.

How many Alpina's had the same fate?.......answer One or Two.
Yes they have had some damaged wheels with pot holes etc. but I have already pointed out that you can get this with any car.

I will concede that the text states that it can get jiggly (in red) but all you would have to do is revert to comfort mode surely!

As also stated earlier, I go from personal experience so unless you fitted standard tyres to any of your E9x cars I can't say the same with you.

But if you did I am sure you will let me know.

regards

Mac.
Appreciate 0