View Single Post
      04-07-2013, 04:52 PM   #123
Beyu
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Is there any chance someone could do a quick Photoshop and remove the black plastic molding from this car? In the case of the base X3 the car doesn't look that great but the M-Sport package makes it look so much cleaner and aggressive. Or if someone is up to the challenge it would be interesting to see a render of what this X4 concept could possibly look like as a X4M.

While I do agree BMW seems to be spreading itself too thin these days by making small niche or redundant cars such as the X1 or GT versions when there are already touring models, I believe there is a legitimate reason to make SUVs such as the X4, especially in the US. Most Americans really dislike the look of wagons and would prefer an SUV even if it means reduced performance or little to no increased interior space over a wagon. Added to this there simply aren't any small, fast, and "sporty" 300+ horsepower luxury SUVs on the market. Neither Mercedes nor Audi offers any models and the closest cars I can think of are the Grand Cherokee SRT8 and Cayenne but they're both either much larger or substantially more expensive than what the X4 would likely cost.
Appreciate 0