Thread: X3 > Mustang
View Single Post
      04-27-2013, 07:54 AM   #3
PeteX3MWhite
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 35 M SPort

Previous vehicle was a 2011 Mustang GT Premium. I understand what you are saying, however, the Mustang, when properly fitted, is a great car. Your rental most likely had the 18" wheels, which offer a more numb ride than the optional 19"'s. The stiffer 19" tires offer better steering response.

Yup, there are blind spots, just like the X3 has blind spots. The driving position is low, and some would argue that the M3 is just as gaudy in its "outright machismo." I'll pass on the fake fender vents.

Sorry, I am way tired of BMW snobs trashing the Mustang. Its a $35k car that is a blast to drive. No, it doesn't have the same steering feel as the BMWs. Not many cars do ( Mercedes and Lexus are lacking here too). But it is one of the best performance bargains out there (ok, the 1 series 335 is pretty great too).

I will agree that the V6 Mustang sucks and the 305hp number seems grossly over rated. I had a 335i coupe with the same power rating, and it was a rocket ship. The V6 in the Mustang, while rated the same, feels slow as molasses. Lack of torque and a poorly geared auto transmission are at fault.

I like the Ford V8 a great deal, and am currently in the market for a Boss 302 as a second car. Upgraded suspension (adjustable too), better brakes, great Recaro seats and 444hp.

I tell you what I miss most about my 5.0 Mustang. When I was driving and some tool would start driving like an idiot, veer into my lane while blabbing on the phone, or ride my tail. I could hit the gas pedal and get far away from he area.
Appreciate 0