BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F25 X3 20d SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbhuna View Post
Hi all, newbie here.

I ordered my X3 on November 22nd, expected del. 28th Feb 2011. In Jan I was told it was now June! After some discussions it went to May 16th. Is this normal or is someone taking me for a ride?

Also, when I ordered it I wanted a Sports Steering Wheel but was told I can olny order it with the Sports pack, so I didn't. Since reading this forum I've found it can be ordered now but when I rang the dealer to get it added, they told me it was too late as the spec couldn't be changed! How long does it take to build these cars?

I see its an option on the list shown above but I'm always weary of having the dealer refit a steering wheel as invariably it points at 11 o'clock!

I get the feeling the dealer wants me to cancel the order so they can have the car!

When I can I'll right a new post asking for delivery times from fellow members but until then any stories would be welcome.
Welcome, what spec did you order (colour combo + options)

My dealer had to circumvent the system to add the sports wheel to my order it did take him 5 mins, your dealer is lazy or ill-informed (or both, like most others )

Ordered mine 15th Nov and due 14th April, so your mid May deliver sounds spot on

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Black Sapphire | Oyster Leather | Fineline Sienna Wood | 307 V Spokes | Auto | Prof Multimedia Package | xLine Package | Xenons | Business Radio | Sports Steering Wheel | Sports Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | Sun Protection Glass | Sun Blinds | Folding Ext. Mirrors + Titanium Grille | Chrome Exhaust Trim | Mudflaps
Appreciate 0