Thread: new Honda CRV
View Single Post
      01-22-2013, 03:28 PM   #20
Ant Man
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Individual Edition

Thanks for all the responses. I've read almost all the reviews online and in UK car mags for the new CRV launched late last year. Autoexpress has one as a long termer. Most reviews comment how quiet it is as has double door seals. Honda were keen on addressing the issue from the 3rd gen model.

To be honest I'm treating it as a domestic appliance and amusingly that's the way I feel about it from looking at the Honda brochure Nothing at all like the specs and dynamic abilities detailed in the BMW brochure.

Looks wise, both X3 and CRV have their bad sides, though X3 does look more butch. CRV looks more people carrier like than a 4x4.

Though as this is a car I'll be buying purely for practical reasons, I'm not overly concerned. The performance may be too inferior compared to X3 but I won't know until I take a test drive. The 2.0D BMW engine offers far better performance than the Honda 2.2D on paper. From my research there is more scope for gains with a remap for the Honda than there is with BMW.

The gear shift is very near the steering wheel, which is a benefit in motor racing cars, so ones hand leaves the wheel for the shortest possible time. I can't see the point with a CRV?

I often get bored with cars but I plan on keeping either the X3 or CRV until it dies. Which should appease the wife.

Anyway, once again, thanks for the helpful responses. I'll check the steering wheel adjustment for both myself and the wife, check the heating (thankfully it's freezing in the UK) and repost post test drive.
Appreciate 0