View Single Post
      04-18-2011, 07:51 AM   #51
clarence
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 328i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
To back up what Dobs has written here, a forum member has driven Normal with no VDC and normal with VDC and reported a significant improvement in the ride comfort over bumpy roads. It is specifically designed to dynamically change based on the road surface and would be pretty useless technology if it made no difference at all. I considered it for a long time but didn't get it because of the massive cost of the other options that I wanted, not because I didn't want it. I was interested more for the damping in Normal mode, not so much for the Sport/Sport+
I'm more interested in sport mode & it's effect on ride quality, as I'll more often than not leaving it at that setting if ride is not affected too much, which in that case getting M-sport suspension will be more suitable.
In some markets, such as Asian & Nordic countries, taxes on cars are exhorbitant & so options have to be carefully considered. In my case if I get M-tech suspension then it will cost around GBP650 incl tax, on the other hand VDC will cost me ca. GBP2.2k incl tax. The vfm factor weighs heavily in this case. Another factor is maintanence, those VDC dampers cost an arm & a leg come replacement time. It's all fine & well if the car is leased etc etc, but for some of us it's also a big consideration.
Appreciate 0