View Single Post
      12-09-2011, 12:57 AM   #1
02420X3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 35i

A Different Winter Wheels Question

So, I've ordered my winter wheels and tyres from Tirerack.com. They will arrive at my office a few days before my scheduled trip to the ski areas of New Hampshire. (Yes, you Brits named everything around here, often remembering names from home, and sticking a "New" in front.)

I've identified a 5-star Tirerack installer shop, which is only 2 miles away from my office. I talked to the owner tonight, and the changeover from Summer to Winter wheels isn't going to be a problem. I won't need my jackpoint inserts or my tirehanger bolts because he deals with that all of the time.

So, here's the question. When my mounted tyres and wheels arrive on Monday, am I going to be able to fit four sets of mounted tyres and wheels in the back of my X3? I first need to move the 4 new tyres and wheels to the shop, and then need to move the OEM tyres and wheels home. Is there enough room in back???

Elbrus 106's
http://www.tirerack.com/upgrade_gara...%2FIce+Coating

PS: I ordered Elbrus 106's w/ Ice coating and 245/50R-18 Pirelli Winter 210 Sottozero Serie II RFT RunFlats.

I preferred some different Elbrus wheels, but they were sold out. The 106's work for me though. The Pirellis are the same tires that my dealer wanted to sell me, but match my wheel size. (Dealer wanted -1, and 75% more money)

I thought about going -1 on wheel size, but decided to stick with 18". My X3 SHOULD be fine with stock wheels and tyres. The fact that I have changed over to Performance Snows should be sufficient to resolve any uncertainties. If i REALLY need to go to -1 17" wheels for a New England winter then I bought the wrong vehicle.

Last edited by 02420X3; 12-09-2011 at 01:20 AM..
Appreciate 0