View Single Post
      04-17-2011, 03:56 PM   #85
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Some info on the iPhone 4 snap-in adaptor too:

I have the basic snap-in adaptor for iPhone 4. All works well for taking calls etc but all it gives you (as expected) is the signal boost through the car's aerial and charge via USB. It isn't visible via USB to iDrive, only via bluetooth. This means the functionality that you get when you plug it in using the white USB cable is much greater, e.g. listening to music and seeing album artwork and track names on iDrive. You can still stream audio when snapped in but the only iDrive control is forward and back buttons.

I think to get the same level of functionality through the snap-in adaptor as you do using a normal white USB cable, you need a media snap-in adaptor and 6NF *

* I'm not 100% sure on the 6NF requirement (Telephone USB audio interface) but I assume that's what it gives you. It doesn't come as standard with any bluetooth option as it states in the brochure / on the website

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0