09-20-2012, 02:13 AM   #2214
CatFlap
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiernan View Post
Stratstone BMW in Leeds. I was told the same about Thorne, as they now do the prep work for all US built BMW's in Bremerhaven. At least that should speed things up, so assuming they have trucks leaving Southampton pretty much all the time, my car could be at the dealers for the weekend.

Still won't be able to get it until the following weekend, but at least I'll know it's there and we're definitely on for the 29th.
Interesting. So they off-load all of the US built cars bound for the UK in Bremerhaven, get them through European customs, prep them then load them back onto a ship for the journey to the UK.
I've been trying to track the movement of ships (and hopefully my car) assuming that a particular car is carried on the same ship throughout its entire journey from the USA to Southampton - it appears that might not necessarily be the case since I'm sure the customs clearance / prep process in Bremerhaven might take longer than the original ship is in dock.

I guess my tracking activities where a total waste of time and I still don't know exactly where my car is...i assumed that if its going to be at the dealers by the middle of next week it must be in the UK by now though if all of the prep was done en-route in Germany then it might not necessarily be here yet.

My wife says its only a car and I should just relax and wait for next Wednesday but that's easy for her to say, what does she know anyhow???