12-30-2011, 02:41 AM   #1130
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnw View Post
I'm not so keen on that combo - thought about it originally but after seeing pics it just looks a bit like an SE and an MSport had a love child

Well to try and make my mind up I did a 'car park run' yesterday and struck lucky with the first stop at a local Tesco Extra - a Carbon Black MSport and a 30d no less (so with the silver grill). Drove around it a few times and I'm sold! sfax, you need to see it in real life - the back looks MUCH better (I agree it looks narrower in the photos but in the real world it doesn't, just more aggressive) - also in the dark colour it doesnt look quite as mini-van as the AW (although I love that colour also) and the wheels didn't look too bad. Its amazing how different 2D photos can be to real life.

So change is going in this morning, dealer is great and rang to advise that this level of change will potentially sacrafice the build slot, which would be shame but not the end of the world.

Will update when the confirmation comes through.
I still haven't seen an M Sport so I'll wait until I see one and then post an (honest!) update. The matt alu is very subjective. I have this thing about cheaper cars not having "chrome" whereas premium cars do, e.g. Fiat Panda no, S Class Merc yes, but this is silly really as you should just look at the whole car and see what looks best. Good luck with your delivery date.

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0