View Single Post
      12-14-2020, 06:11 PM   #1
Vikingstaff
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Winter Tires: Blizzak WS80 OR X-Ice Xi3

Living in Michigan and heading up north A LOT in the winter. My RFT Perilli Centuratos are not going to cut it. I need a high quality winter tire ready for serous winter conditions.

I have seen the Bridgestone Blizzaks recommended in a few threads. When doing research on non-RFTs outside this site, I most often am seeing these and the Michelin X-Ice Xi3’s recommended for the X3. I am leaning slightly towards the X-Ice Xi3s currently for durability and highway handling/traction.

Here is what I am getting in online comparison reviews:

Blizzaks Pros: Handling, comfort, Stop/start at mid to low speeds, incredible traction. Cons: bad durability (+/- 20,000 mi), loud, high speed traction not as good as X-Ice Xi3s

X-Ice Xi3’s: Pros: Handling, Start/Stop/Traction, excellent highway speed handling, longer lasting (+/-40000 mi), quieter. Cons: less comfortable ride, and low to mid speed traction not as good as Blizzaks.

Looking for other peoples experience with these tires on their x3, especially if you have used them for multiple years. Please reply. I am looking at getting a set of 4 with wheels to swap out seasonally. Costs are almost identical, and not a factor between the two. Thus, looking to get the best of the two for the vehicle.

Go...

Last edited by Vikingstaff; 12-15-2020 at 08:31 AM.. Reason: Typos
Appreciate 0