View Single Post
      11-16-2011, 06:34 PM   #32
brissim
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3 30d (2011 F25) - now sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbinbi View Post
not sure i have all the info. don't have x3 yet, looking at it, and run flat is one of the points that is making me consider or not consider getting it.

can you purchase new from the dealer x3 without rft? if so, do you get a credit back applied to regular tires? or if you don't want rfts, is this purely an aftermarket solution? thanks.
Not sure of the situation in the States, but here in Australia non-runflats are a purely aftermarket solution - dealers have no option but to deliver the car with the OEM runflats. In my situation - I also for various reasons don't accept runflats - so when I took delivery of my X3 I immediately took it to a tyre retailer (previously arranged) to change out the runflats for conventional tyres where I got credit back on the runflats. In my case I also got a spare matching rim with a full size spare which I keep permamently tied down in the back. My solution obviously will not work for everyone - but it suits us just fine.

I would not let any issue over the runflats deter you from considering the X3 - its a great car.

Tony
Appreciate 0