View Single Post
      08-02-2023, 03:06 PM   #2
Wgosma
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F25 X3 28i (N52)

See the attached PDF; the most important point about tires/tire wear on these cars is the allowable amount of difference in tire diameter (tread depth) between the front and rear tires - too much difference can put a 'strain' on the driveline/transfer case and that's where one runs into potential issues/even damage, thus the BMW specs you see in the document.

Moving from RF to go-flat (i.e. regular) tires is common practice and will most likely yield a more comfortable ride - runflat tires have improved in ride quality since they were first introduced may years ago but still, I don't think they are as good as a 'go-flat' tire for ride quality- runflats have internal structure designed to support the tire when it has lost some or all it's air pressure, so it's inherently a 'stiffer' tire than a go-flat tire.

You do want to think about how you will deal with a flat tire if you run regular tires - these car's don't have a spare tire so you are wise to carry a jack, puncture repair kit, and maybe even small compressor - this is what I have in my 2012 X3 car.

Good luck/Bill
Appreciate 1