View Single Post
      01-17-2011, 01:20 PM   #6
kdl
United_States
Rep
Drives: Deep Sea Blue X3 28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerkeleyX3 View Post
Ordered my X3 on the 9th of January 2011. Status on BMW website says that the vehicle is at the preparation center.

I've learnt quite a few things from reading the postings on here:

1. The dealer must have replaced a vehicle on their production slot with mine... because this is really fast!
2. I shouldn't worry too much if the specs shown on BMW's site is different from what I ordered (as the dealer changed the configuration on a production slotted for them)
3. BMW's website will skip steps 2 (awaiting transport) and 3 (en route) for vehicles manufactured in S.C.
You point #1 and #3 are true. But #2 is questionable. According to my CA, as long as order status changed to 150 (or even before that), you cannot change specs. BMWUSA site, spec has a bit lag time, it didn't show correct color I ordered on 11/9 until a few weeks later. Others say that you can change spec at least one week before production begins.

Better verify with your CA, chances are what you see on the BMW site is what you will get. You can ask your CA to show you from his screen shot of the particular prod# or vin#, it's full specs.

After all, it's way beyond quick. My guess is that at the time of your ordering on 1/9, the actual X3 already passed body shop and paint shop, the last step is for assembly. Good luck.
Appreciate 0