View Single Post
      04-23-2014, 10:50 PM   #33
lbjgh
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 AW X3 M-Sport

Thanks for the follow up Cadman.

I had exactly the same thought as you re: handling after the summer rubber went on.

... and I did end up rotating front to rear when I reinstalled the tires.

I hope to get some blizzaks next winter to replace the garbage Pirelli sotozero's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadman50 View Post
I saw responses on the lugnut torque at n-m but not ft-lb's. I have a 35i with 19" tires all around same size. I recently had my winter tires taken off and the all seasons put back on. They torque'd the lugnuts to 100ft-lbs. seems a little high but is that acceptable? I'm surprised that piece of data isn't in the owner's manual. I also rotated the tires front to back because the outside edges on the front were worn and I wanted better tire's on the front. I had 21000 miles on the original tires and they look like they can go another 8000 miles or so. I was a little concerned that BMW recommends not rotating but the X3 seems to handle fine. At first after the winters were taken off the handling seemed super tight but that's because I was used to having 18" snow tires on for the winter and they aren't known for handling. I thought it might be from rotating the tires that the handling seemed weird.