View Single Post
      05-27-2013, 09:19 AM   #4
davidk
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i, 2018 M2

As X Men wrote, the key fob only stores one profile at a time. The profile in use when the vehicle is locked is the profile the key will store. The profile is activated, or recalled, when using the unlock button on the fob, whether or not the vehicle is locked. It may also be selected from the list in the profile menu. The profile list does not automaticaly appear when iDrive comes to life - you will have to select it from the menu. There may be a way to have it appear as soon as you start the vehicle, but I wouldn't count on it. Profiles may be deleted in the menu, but as soon as you lock your vehicle, the profile active at the time will be stored on the key used to lock the vehicle. This has been one of the most confusing, poorly documented features we have experienced with our 2013 28i. If it was not for this forum and many searches, it would still be a mystery. Your sales advisor may be able to offer some help, but this isn't something that can be figured out with a phone call - it really needs to be demonstrated.
Appreciate 0