View Single Post
      05-11-2011, 11:31 AM   #1
iFroze
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X3 35i

park distance control - tone

I'm just wondering if anyone knows if there is a way of either turning the PDC signal tone off (I know how to lower it down - that is not an issue) or even assigning your own desired distance between the car and near by objects to be represented by certain sounds. So lets say I want green graphic sound to represent 10" from an object, yellow sound to be 5", and red to be lets say 2".

Or could this be possibly included in some future software update?

I love the camera and graphic representation of the park distance control mode, but the acoustic is very confusing. The beeping sound gets flat even if detects objects 10" away which starts freaking me out and I start losing focus. My garage is tight and tricky on some spots and the car will beep the same, with the most alarming tone all the way into may garage. Camera and graphics do help me, but the sound is very distractive, over powering and over alarming.

Tip: Be advised not to keep your car key in your pocket. It happened to me that, I have accidentally opened the tailgate in a spot with a very low ceiling. At that moment, I was not aware of the button above the drivers left foot to stop the opening of the tailgate. Almost to scrap the door. Stay safe and put the keys away from your pockets.
Appreciate 0