View Single Post
      10-31-2011, 11:48 AM   #1
rohan_b79
Rep
Drives: 2011 bmw X3 xdrive35i

Paint flaking away leaving small pits

My 9 month old Alpine White 2011 X35 , has this unusual problem of the paint literally flaking off like dust when I tried to touch the curious looking powdrey thing sticking on my car.

I have been noticing small pits like these at random places where the paint is gone almost all the way to the metal leaving a pit , and dismissed them earlier as being rock chips. But then they started appearing at places where rock-chips or other things hitting the paint work and taking it off were almost impossible and confounded me. Such as the rear tailgate- close to the place where the rear glass ends, then another one on the driver side door again near the window above the door handle and much far away from it, so I know it couldn't be some thing that I hit on it by accident.

I am concerned and want to take up this mater with BMW, but wanted to know from the forum if anyone else is experiencing the same?

I feel that BMW has very poor qulity standards compared to my previous car which was a VW, that after even 5 years looked like the paint was Brand new and had no rattles at all.
Appreciate 0