View Single Post
      10-02-2012, 07:41 AM   #54
ExSaabman
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 F25 2.0 litre diesel

Yep, good point. I guess the probable need fot two telephone numbers may be a key issue/deal breaker for many people.

In my own case, I will probably keep my regular smartphone (& contract) which then will Bluetooth into the X3 in the usual everyday situations. But I will now have a second number on a pre-paid SIM in the Nokia (X3 roof antenna connected) phone which will live in the adapter.

Its maybe not a scheme that would suit most people, but at least it would mean:

a) I always have as-good-as-possible reception available
b) There will always be a charged phone available from the X3 if I don't have my usual one with me.

As the Nokia will always be in the adaptor I suppose there could be an issue with battery life reduction due to trickle charging (depending on how the charger electronics is implemented). But on the other hand, as I would seldom use it out of the adaptor, I guess that wouldn't matter much...

That's seems to about the best I can do, albeit needing a second telephone number for the in-car Nokia - which I would probably give out only to friends & family!!.

But I think I would now happily settle for this - even if its a "7 out of 10" kind of solution ;-)
Appreciate 0