12-31-2018, 09:28 AM   #22
TheCoolX3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X3 35i M-Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardparker View Post
I completely agree regarding lift at high speed in the X3. I've been thinking maybe something from other BMW models could be made to work.

For the rear, I've been eyeballing X5, 335, or 535 duckbill spoilers for a while, wondering if they'd fit well enough, or could be made to with some creativity and bondo. For the front, I've been thinking of chin spoilers from the same models or possibly something more generic.

Whatever I go with, I'm aiming for something inexpensive off of ebay or similar. In part, so that if it doesn't work out, I won't have dumped too much money into it.
The parts I've discussed so far should be available in Carbon fiber so it may be a tad expensive but won't break the bank too much. I'm sure other materials will be available depending on the demand. I'm willing to bet if we do a group pre order they will definitely cut some price. They may send me some pieces to test fit and I'll send some pics on the car along with the renderings
Appreciate 0