View Single Post
      07-31-2012, 04:20 PM   #8
epiphone3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92LNGCGY View Post
The 35i is pretty darn good I average 11.9L/100kms on city driving only. The diesel would be a gem of a motor. Either way X3 as a package is a great choice. Only thing I strongly recommend getting is the dynamic handling package. Transforms the X3 into a 335, well worth the money. Good luck with your purchase. Oh and keep us posted on your decision.
Agreed. I drove the X3 35i a while ago and liked it very much.

I am quite familiar with the modern diesel engines from travelling to Europe a fair bit and from test driving the VW Touareg TDI a couple of times. I love the 35i, but I have it stuck in my head that I would enjoy the 30d very much too and I would feel so good about it when it came to fuelling up. The Euro-cycle city mileage rating on the 30d is 6.8 liters/100km which is incredible. I'd imagine it will be a bit optimistic for our conditions, but still.

Now I just need some sort of details as to when the 30d will be available. Hopefully soon because I will otherwise have to break down and just go for the wild 35i.

Thanks for your input and I'll let you know if I can use a hand with making a deal
Appreciate 0