05-07-2011, 01:12 PM   #5
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFroze View Post
While it was mainly raining here in Montreal these day, I took this time to set up the things inside of my new i35.

I'm at the point where I got my iPhone 4 Media Snap-in Adapter and synced my BMW Connected App. It did not happen right away, the sync was failing and I was not so sure if my ZOX was added properly, if I did not get the right adapter or adapter did not snap into armrest properly… but than it just suddenly everything showed in ConnectDrive menu. So, that is all working now: Web Radio, iTunes music interface, video/movies playback...

Questions:
- Does anyone know if the "video is not allowed to play while the car is in motion" setting can be reversed to allow this?
(To play DVD or video from iPhone 4 via adapter it's possible only when the car is parked, but what if the passenger wants to watch a movie on a long trip?)

- Does anyone know if the music or video can be uploaded and stored directly in the car's hard drive?

- What data transfer is possible?

- Did anyone managed to find USB interface in the glove compartment useful?

- I have also downloaded My BMW Remote app but cannot log into it from Canada. Did anyone managed this?
Not sure for Canada but in the UK you need an active BMW Assist / Connected Drive subscription. You then use these login details to activate the app and select a PIN

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0