View Single Post
      09-24-2012, 04:43 AM   #2
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Does Google Local Search => Send to Car still work OK for you? That’s all I really use My BMW Remote for and I know that it’s still working with iPhone 4 + iOS6. If vehicle position is telling you the car’s location or that the car is too far away, then the car is correctly transmitting its GPS coordinates – this works OK for me on iOS6 too. Not sure on flashing lights but will check later

I agree that it must be a drain on the battery to listen for the SIM to “listen”. There are some other drains too like listening for the key, the alarm etc. I don’t think you can disconnect the battery because you’ll get problems when you reconnect – I think BMW have to calibrate it or something. I also don’t think you can switch of the SIM access because it’s part of the SOS BMW Assist functionality. Buying a trickle charger is another option but not always practical

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0