05-12-2011, 08:15 AM   #9
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyu View Post
Turn Signals: I guess I'm just not very use to the turn signals yet but I don't like the fact that the turn signals pop back to the resting position after using them. Occasionally after signaling the light keeps on blinking and I have to pop it in the other direction just to have it start signaling in that direction. Or the signal pops off after a light turn and I end up changing lanes with out them, as if people don't think BMW drivers are a-holes already.

Transmission: This isn't an issue if you're driving in automatic but it is when you drive with the paddle shifters or have it in sport +. Either I haven't gotten use to the car or I just suck at life but I feel like it's difficult to judge your rpm when basing it off of the mph. Many times when downshifting for a turn or going up a hill I find myself downshifting more than I thought I would because each gear only raises the rpm by 500 or less.
The turn signals are different, but having used them in four other BMWs over the past 6 years I am comfortable with them and I like the way they function. Here is a simple tip: to turn off the signal, push it again in the SAME direction. Done.

As far as shifting via MPH.... why not use the tach?

I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
Appreciate 0