05-05-2011, 11:40 AM   #2
tuco44
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive M Perf Edtn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmik View Post
It's natural to think everyone else wants what you want, right? That's how it works in real estate, a place sits on the market for months but once you get interested you are SURE the next person is too. It's human nature, good sales people know the excited customer sells himself. All of us on this forum are sold on the new X3 and therefore pretty sure there is overwhelming demand. But I'm not so sure. I ordered my X3 on April 14 and it will arrive at the dealership on May 9th - 26 days! This is impressive, and I'm happy, but it argues against overwhelming demand. And that's understandable because it's still early in the US X3 rollout. You don't see them on the road yet. I haven't seen even one and I've been looking. Once people start seeing this car around town THAT's when the demand will pop. I don't think we are there yet. What do you think?
I think you were lucky and your dealer had a production slot/allotment available for your car. Not all dealers do now, so some will wait much longer.