View Single Post
      02-18-2014, 02:01 PM   #18
bowler_1
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2011 E70 X5 4.0D M Sport

Overhead light replacement with LED's

I have already changed the boot lamps and the difference is very obvious.
I am expecting HID's for the main headlights this week. The existing headlights lack definition and distance .
Main reason for changing is that the LED's give a whiter/cleaner light. Will also change rear interior lamps to LED's.
UPDATE 13/03/2014
I have just changed all interior lights with CANBUS LED's and very pleased with the results and no error issues.
Once you work out how to remove the first rear dome light as described above it becomes easy to replace the other one, its getting the tool in the right position to press in the clip, which is situated in the middle of the front edge of the light fitting, that is the tricky bit.
Also another point I found is that when removing the footwell lights it is the white part that is released at one end and NOT the whole fitting. You just need to gently prise out the end nearest to the door and the white fitting just slides out. Hope this helps someone.
I purchased my 5 LED CANBUS LED's from E-bay (6 Error Free Canbus T10 194 168 W5W 501 5050 5 SMD LED White Car Side Light Bulb, 12 for £9.98) and they worked perfectly and of course they operate without the high temperature of normal bulbs !!!

Last edited by bowler_1; 03-13-2014 at 11:36 AM.. Reason: Update from previous post
Appreciate 0